ES File Explorer on Firestick: When it comes to downloading third-party applications or side-loading applications on FireStick, most of you must be using the Downloader app, indeed Downloader is an amazing and trusted application that helps us to sideload any app we want. But not everyone can get this app on their firestick as it is geo-restricted to some countries. Also several times I have noticed the downloader application taken down by Amazon App Store.
Then I must say Es File Explorer is the best alternative that you can install on your FireStick. Even if you have already installed Downloader, I would still suggest you use Es File Explorer on FireStick. Because Es Explorer is not only an app installer, it is way more than that. Those who don’t know let me tell you it is one of the most famous file manager applications that you can use.
So, if you are some who don’t want to use the Downloader app on Firestick because of any reason, then I must say Es File Explorer is the best alternative that you can install on your FireStick. Even if you have already installed Downloader, I would still suggest you use Es File Explorer on FireStick. Because Es Explorer is not only an app installer, it is way more than that. Those who don’t know let me tell you it is one of the most famous file manager applications that you can use.
With the help of Ess File Explorer on your Amazon FireStick, you can download and install the APK via the source URL in no time. Apart from downloading stuff, es file also lets you discover and manage all yours files and folder. Another best thing is that you can easily access your Firestick storage from different devices like laptops/Computers on the same wifi network.
Following guide will teach you how to install ES File Explorer on Firestick along with that we will also teach you how to use it to sideload apps on FireStick. So, keep reading this article till the end.
HOW TO INSTALL ES EXPLORER ON FIRESTICK:
Installing Es File Explorer isn’t that difficult, the app is available on Amazon Store. You can install it in no time just follow the below steps. Here is what you need to do:
- The first step is to go to your firestick home screen, if any app is opened then close it by pressing the back button of your remote.
- Now at the top left corner, you will see a magnifying icon simply click on it.
- You need to type in their ‘Es File Explorer’ (make sure that you are typing without quotes) if you even type ES the search box will start giving suggestions itself. Now all you need to do is highlight it and press the select button of your fire tv remote.
- To make typing easy you can use Fire TV remote app. This app on your mobile phone acts as a remote. we already have a separate guide on How to Get Amazon Fire TV Remote App
- Now, go ahead and click the ‘ES File Explorer’ icon on the next screen
- Now on the next screen, you will see the yellow-colored download icon. Simply click on that button to start downloading.
The installation of the app will hardly take any time. Once the application is installed completely, you can click on the ‘Open’ button to open it. You can also open the app later from the ‘Your Apps & Games’ section of FireStick.
HOW TO USE ES FILE EXPLORER ON FIRESTICK TV
Now the application is installed successfully, it is very important to know how you can use this app to sideload apps on firestick.
One very important thing that you should know is that to download APK you need to have the URL of the direct path. you can download APK with the URL of web pages containing a download link. But, that’s okay. On our website, we will always share the direct path to the APK.
So, here is how it goes,
- Open the ES File Explorer on your FireStick. The default screen of ES File Explorer will look something like this:
- Now Scroll down a little and you will see the ‘Tools’ option on the left. Expand it and you will see the ‘Download Manager’ option from the list of options located in ‘Tools’.
- As we can all see, there are 4 options on the bottom of the screen on the right. Click ‘+ New’ located on the bottom bar.
- Now a ‘Download’ dialogue box will pop up right in front of you. In the ‘Path’ field, you need to enter the direct link to the APK file available on any server.
- In the Name field, you need to enter any desired name you would like to give to this source. But, always try to make it relevant. For instance, if I am downloading Mobdro, I will name it Mobdro.
- Once you are done with adding the source URL and name, click the ‘Download Now’ button and follow the onscreen instructions to install the APK file.
- Depending upon the size of the APK you are downloading, it may take from a few to several minutes. Once the app is installed succesfully, you will see the ‘App Installed’ notification along with two buttons ‘Open’ and ‘Done’.
- Now to open the app right away you need to click on ‘Open’ or click on ‘Done’ to go back to the home screen and open the app later.
Every FireStick user must have ES File Explorer, whether or not they shall side load any APKs. ES Explorer isn’t just an APK installer, it’s a flexible tool that primarily works as a file manager. i take advantage of this app on my FireStick also as smartphones. The installation steps I even have laid out above are rather straightforward. Yet, if you run into any troubles, be at liberty to induce back to us by writing a comment below.