OneBox HD on Firestick: Amazon Fire Stick TV gives me the opportunity to watch my favorite content on my TV over the internet. But, FireStick in itself couldn’t do much without the apps. Therefore, I keep introducing you to new and exciting apps every now and then. So, here I am with one extremely popular entertainment app called OneBox HD.
I recommend OneBox HD on FireStick as it offers a huge catalog of movies and TV shows and lets you play them in high quality. You can watch the content in 720p, Full HD 1080p, and even in 3D. I have also found OneBox HD is faster than most other entertainment apps in the same category.
In this guide, I am going to show you how to download and install OneBox HD on FireStick. I will take you through two methods to install this app – the ES File Explorer method and the Downloader method. Keep reading!
How to Download and Install OneBox HD on FireStick
All Android devices come with a security feature that prevents you from installing the apps you have obtained from the Unknown Sources. Of course, OneBox HD is an app well known to us. But, since it has to be downloaded from outside Amazon Store, FireStick will consider it as unknown.
We will need to enable Apps from Unknown Sources to be able to install OneBox HD on FireStick. Here is how you can do it:
ENABLE APPS FROM UNKNOWN SOURCES
1. Use the navigation button on your remote to select the ‘Settings’ option on the FireStick home-screen. Now, select and click ‘Devices’ in the Settings menu
2. Now, go ahead and click ‘Developer Options’ on the next window
3. Next, click ‘Unknown Sources’ to turn it ON
4. You should now see the following warning message. Ignore this message as OneBox HD is safe
- Click ‘Turn on’ to continue
- You are now all set to download OneBox HD on FireStick.
INSTALL ONEBOX HD ON FIRESTICK USING ES FILE EXPLORER
If you don’t have ES File Explorer already, go ahead and Install ES File Explorer on Firestick. This app is on Amazon App Store and you can look up for it using the search function on the FireStick home-screen. ES File Explorer is more than just an installer, it is an elaborate File Manager.
Once you have installed ES File Explorer, follow the steps below to install OneBox HD APK on FireStick.
- Go ahead and run ES File Explorer. On the left column, you will see a bunch of options. Highlight ‘Tools’ and then press the Select button on your remote to expand it. Now, highlight and click ‘Download Manager’
- You should now see some options on the right, on the bottom bar. Select and click ‘+New’ (as you can see in the image below)
- You will now see the ‘Download’ dialogue box with two blank fields – Path & Name. In the Path field, you need to type the URL of the OneBox HD APK file:
- In the Name field, type in the name of the source. You may choose any name you like. I am going with ‘onebox.’
- Now, select and click the ‘Download Now’ option
- OneBox HD APK for FireStick will thus begin to download, and this is how the progress will look like. Wait for the OneBox HD download to complete
- When the download is complete, you will see the following window. Click ‘Open file’ to proceed
- Next, you will see the Properties dialogue box. Go ahead and click ‘Install’ to continue
- You must now see a prompt asking for your confirmation to install OneBox HD on FireStick. Go ahead and click ‘Install’
- Wait for OneBox HD to install on your device. You will see the ‘App installed’ notification once the process is complete.
If you want to open the app right off the notification window, click ‘Open’ on the bottom right. To open the app later at any other time from ‘Your Apps & Channels’ click ‘Done’; this will take you back to the ES File Explorer interface
Note: As you can see in the image below, FireStick pops up a small notification on the bottom right of the screen saying ‘OneBox HD Ready to Launch’. You can press the menu button on your remote to launch the app till the time this notification stays on the screen.
- We have successfully installed OneBox HD on FireStick using the ES File Explorer app. You will now find the app in the section called ‘Your Apps & Channels’. To visit this section, hold down the home button on your remote and click ‘Apps’ when the pop-up appears.
- You will find the OneBox HD icon on the bottom of the list (this is where the recently installed apps go). If you want the app icon to appear on the home screen, select the icon and then hold down the select button on your remote. Use the navigation keys to move OneBox HD to the top row and then press select again to drop it.
INSTALL ONEBOX HD ON FIRESTICK USING DOWNLOADER APP
Wondering why you need another method when you could easily download OneBox HD on FireStick through the ES File Explorer app? Because it is always best to have alternatives. If for some reason, ES Explorer doesn’t work, you will have a Downloader to take care of the installation or vice versa.
The first thing you want to do is Install Downloader app on FireStick from the Amazon App Store. In my experience, it takes only a few minutes to get this app.
After installing downloader, follow the steps below to install OneBox HD on FireStick.
Step 1: Launch the Downloader app and make sure the ‘Home’ option on the left panel is selected.
Step 2: On the right, you should see a field where it asks you to enter the URL of the website or the file you wish to download. The field is selected by default as the cursor must be blinking inside it. In case it is not selected, use the navigation buttons on your remote to highlight it and then press the Select button
Step 3: Now, enter the following URL exactly as you see here:
Typing with the physical remote could be tricky. But, you can use the Amazon Fire TV Remote app to type into FireStick.
- Enter the URL and Hit ‘Go’ button to continue
Step 4: Downloader will begin to download the OneBox HD APK file on FireStick. Once the download is complete, the app will automatically start the installation process. You will see the following confirmation message on your screen.
Click ‘Install’ on the bottom right to continue with the installation
Step 5: When the app is installed, you will see the ‘App installed’ notification like this. Just like with ES File Explorer, you will see two buttons here – Done & Open.
If you click ‘Open’ you will launch the app right away. But, I am going to hit ‘Done’ as I am yet to take care of one more thing.
- Clicking ‘Done’ takes you back to the Downloader interface where you will see the following prompt.
Step 6: Click the ‘Delete’ button to delete the APK file from the FireStick storage. Since OneBox HD has already been installed, you don’t need the APK file anymore.
FireStick storage is small, and it is best to keep removing unnecessary files.
- Click ‘Delete’ one more time to confirm your intent
- Now, click ‘Files’ on the left panel of the Downloader app and it will say ‘No files found in the download folder.’ Well, this means you have successfully deleted the APK file.
Just like before, go to the ‘Your Apps & Channels’ section from the FireStick home-screen and you will find the OneBox HD icon sitting in the bottom row. Move it up, if you need to, to bring it up on the home screen.
I make no bones about the fact that I am a fan of the Terrarium TV app. But, this does not deprive me of enjoying a wonderful app like OneBox HD. I find this app a fuss-free entertainment solution with hundreds of movie and TV show titles ready to be played. As expected, OneBox HD for FireStick fetches the best playable link from the fastest available source. I have been using OneBox HD for a while and I haven’t found any reason why I should not keep it.
Have a question or suggestion? Fill us in through the comments section below.