Downloader App on Firestick: If you are a FireStick or Fire TV user, there is fair chance you also side load the third-party apps onto your device from time to time. Unlike the other Android devices, you cannot download the APK files directly from a link on FireStick without any intermediary application. While there are a few apps that let you download the APK files manually, nothing stands in comparison to the Downloader app.
Downloader App on Firestick is the most widely used APK installer for FireStick devices. The app’s popularity, however, isn’t without the deserving merits. Downloader is not only quick to install, it is also incredibly easy to use. The near-minimal design makes sure users experience no difficulty in interacting with the app. Downloader is also a lightweight app that takes very little space on the limited FireStick storage.
If you like to side load the apps on FireStick, Downloader app is a must. In this article we learn to install Downloader app on FireStick. Keep reading!
As an alternative to Downloader app, you can also install ES File Explorer on Amazon Firestick
HOW TO INSTALL DOWNLOADER APP ON FIRESTICK
Here is how you can install Downloader app on FireStick from the Amazon Store
- Make sure you are on the FireStick homescreen
- Use your remote to select the Search option (lens icon) on the top left of your FireStick home-screen
- Type in ‘Downloader’ (without the quotes of course). In fact, you wouldn’t have to type in the entire word. Once you enter the first few letters you will see Downloader app in the suggestions below.
Do you think it is really difficult to type like this? I felt the same way and found this amazing way to type easily. You can use your mobile phone as fire stick remote with the help of Fire Tv Remote App . This app enables keypad like in mobile and you can type easily.
- As you can see in the above image, I just typed in the first 4 letters and the it appeared in the suggestions.
- Select Downloader App in the search results and press the ‘Select’ button on your remote
- You will now see the Downloader app icon on the next screen. Go ahead and click the icon.
- On the next screen, simply click the Download icon to download the app and eventually install it
- Once the Downloader FireStick app is installed, you can click the ‘Open’ button on the screen to launch it right away. You may also open the app later from ‘Your Apps & Games’ section
That’s all you need to do to install the Downloader app on your FireStick or Fire TV devices.
How to Use Downloader App on Firestick
- Using the app is just as easy as installing it. Go ahead and run the app. When you run the app for the first time since installation, this is the window you are welcomed with. These are the update notes that acquaint you with the highlights of the latest update to the app.
- Click ‘OK’ button on the update notes pop-up and you will be taken to the main interface of the Downloader app for FireStick.
- As you can see, there are items on the left like Home, Browser, Files etc. When you click any item on the left, it’s interface appears on the right.
- When you run Downloader app on FireStick, the ‘Home’ option is selected by default.
- Home is the option you would probably be using the most to side-load the third-party apps on FireStick, such as Kodi. Here, just enter the URL pointing directly at the APK file and click the ‘Go’ button. Simply follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the APK.
- If you don’t have a direct link to the APK, but the URL of a webpage with the Download link instead, you will need to use the ‘Browser’ option instead.
- Just enter the URL in the address bar to access the webpage containing the link (see image below). Click the link and follow the onscreen instructions to install the desired app.
- The browser section can also be used for general browsing.
- Home & Browser are the two options you will need to side load the APKs onto your FireStick device.
- Launch Downloader and Click ‘Settings’ option on the left panel.
Downloader app is an absolute essential for he FireStick users. It is the most widely used app for side loading the apps not found on the Amazon Store. Thankfully, Downloader itself is available on the Amazon Store and hence you can install it in just a few minutes. I hope you liked reading this article and found it useful. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions through the comments section below.